Saturday, November 30, 2013

The 2013 Advent Blog Challenge




ad·vent
noun
1.
a coming into place, view, or being; arrival: the advent of the holiday season.
2.
( usually initial capital letter ) the coming of Christ into the world.
3.
( initial capital letter ) the period beginning four Sundays before Christmas, observed in commemoration of the coming of Christ into the world.
4.
( usually initial capital letter ) Second Coming.

So says www.dictionary.com. Modern Americans might revise definition #3 to begin mid-October and run through the after Christmas sales.

I’m going with definition #3, unrevised, and challenging myself to put up a new blog post each day of Advent. It might be prompted by a scripture verse, a Christmas memory, whether funny or poignant, a line from a favorite carol or poem, or who knows what. 

I’m still on industrial strength painkillers for my fractured and fixed ankle, so expect some random creative thinking. I promise to kiss and tell under the mistletoe, reveal what turned my brother’s skin red, relive caroling in Park Ridge, NJ., and occasionally offer insight. 

Please suggest any topics you want me to cover. And feel free to join me in the Advent Blog Challenge on your own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment