My brother bought my debut young adult novel, Surviving Meemaw, and asked if there would be a quiz. Of course. I’m a teacher. I’m famous for my quizzes.
Circle the correct answer(s).
1. Who is Laney’s romantic interest?
Josh-hoo-ah, the puppeteer
Calvin, the artist
Corey, the freshman
Dalton, the cheater
2. Where does Meemaw shop for her elastic-waist, polyester pants?
3. Which government surplus food item is served in Millburgh Christian Academy’s cafeteria?
Macaroni and cheese
4. Where is Laney’s daddy?
5. What does Laney call her two new friends?
Fat and Skinny
Tall and Short
Deep and Wide
Curly and Straight
6. What brand of ice cream does Laney serve to Josh-hoo-ah after puppet shows?
Ben and Jerry’s
7. On a scale of 1 to 10, how technologically savvy is Meemaw?
8. Where is Laney’s mama?
Read the book and find out.
9. How has Meemaw’s driving not yet caused her death?
Other drivers give her a wide berth.
She drives a tank.
Her yellow PT Cruiser has multiple air bags.
“Oh, honey, we’re perfectly safe. Jesus is looking out for us.”
10. What does Laney find scary about living in Meemaw’s house?
A room full of beady-eyed puppets
Fox News Channel is always on.
The Felix-the-Cat kitchen clock with moving tail and eyes
You can—and absolutely should—buy your very own copy of Surviving Meemaw at www.amazon.com for only $4.99! That’s less than a slice of pie and a cup of coffee at The Diner, and the service is much faster.